California Oral Health Progress and Equity Network (CA-OPEN)
We build a healthier state by making sure that all Californians have the keys to access good oral health.
The California Oral Health Progress and Equity Network (CA-OPEN) is building collective power to ensure that good oral health is a fundamental right for all Californians. We bring people together – including providers, advocates, and policymakers – to exchange ideas, share resources and collaborate for oral health equity.
Access to good oral health is like going through a series of locked doors. Some people have all the keys they need to unlock these doors – such as access to fluoridated water or a job with dental benefits. But others are missing some keys. Without a full set of keys, people won’t be able to access good oral health, no matter how hard they try. By working together, we can help people get the keys they need to unlock the doors to good health.
Who We Are
- We are diverse stakeholders committed to advancing oral health equity.
- We are providers, advocates, and policymakers seeking to link oral health to overall health.
What We Do
- We work together to make sure all Californians have the keys to access good oral health.
- We connect people and issues to improve learning and share resources.
Why It Matters
- Healthy people mean healthy communities.
- Oral health is essential for all communities to realize their full potential.
- Working together, we maximize efforts to advance systemic changes.